Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Boy-Friend is Back-We're Going to Have a Party

Prepping for departure yesterday I was working in three vehicles-I put last year's road Atlases in the white van and the new ones in the Turnpike Cruiser Van. Meanwhile, I guess Buster saw his chance and jumped in the white van. He likes it in there but I didn't know he sneaked in. I must have walked past him, hidden behind tinted glass, whistling and calling him until 10:00 p.m. I was motivated this morning-emailed pictures and copy to the Riverton Ranger. Sue made posters and took them along the Lander route. I was making some and needed a new ink cartridge so got ready to go to town around noon. Buster stuck his face up close to the window in the white van-ready to go to town. I was so relieved. He was nonchalant but after 24 hours, peed so long he had to change hind legs mid-stream. He is so talented. Goody house-trained him well-I certainly didn't. He had a little breakfast and then he had a little lunch, then he had a little dinner. He is on the bed- where all good dogs belong.

So many supportive Emails. Very nice to know how much good-will is out there. As for me, the events certainly put a little perspective on things.

Bonnie's daughter Sooz had emailed her mom with vibes Buster was in a vehicle or motorhome. Pretty good psychic. Using her own vibes Sue G. had suggested I re-check vehicles. I did-forgetting the van door had been open two minutes.

Neighbor Sue asked if I was going to make him sit in the yard all day so the neighbors can see him. Her mother would make her sit on the front porch all day when she ran away as a youngster-so the neighbors could see she was back (and eating crow).

I lost a day of preps, now it is down to a race but at least I can leave town. So glad to have my traveling (through life) companion back safe and sound.