Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Everything Party

Janet Emailed Thursday and suggested a Hasta La Vista party at Sue and Rasty's. I had been harboring a semi-gag gift for Sue's still undisclosed birthday, Rasty seems to do better with some company, I will miss all occasions until after Easter, so we decided to gather. I told Janet it was my turn to feed. Sue's builders arrived in the afternoon and made GREAT progress on her deck and ramp. This included her Indian adoptive daughter and "grandsons" and her (Veronica's) partner Will who is doing the building. What a treat to visit with these accomplished people as well as my long-time friends. The Oriental Palace was able to cope with my order for 10 persons (they only forgot the hot mustard for egg rolls). We had a feast and a few yuks. Janet made bread pudding with lots of raisins and white chocolate that was a yummy capstone. Above, Sue is modeling her new flower decorated tool belt and tools. Not shown is the barbecue tool set. I had to razz her over the 4th of July barbecue when she said she didn't have tongs and was turning the skewers with needle nose pliers (also included in tool belt). She can do it her way. Whatever works! It was getting toward ending time and Rasty announced it was time for him to go home. Janet caught him before he got out the door. He WAS home. Poor guy.
Earlier in the day I took a fall. I had to stay down for awhile. Fortunately nothing of value was broken (no electronics anyway). I am gimping on my left knee, but right knee, hiney, and weenie, are intact. I think there are some other spots that might be sore but when a twinge makes itself felt, the Aleve (generic) comes out and I plan to keep it that way. Too much to do to sit and hurt.

The weather has been just beautiful, Feglers are starting to fill the pasture with returning cattle, Geese are in the pasture every day as they migrate south, the Sandhill Cranes are mostly gone, the leaves are gone, I am getting ready to be gone. Guy said a northern storm was due on Thursday. I may be taking the southern route.
Posted by Picasa