Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Civil Rights Memorial

For years I have been supporting the Southern Poverty Law Center. When the Civil Rights Memorial was being planned and built I sent in money for me and my uncle Binks and aunt Iola. I was invited to the dedication but my trip plans didn't allow it. So, when in Montgomery, this morning I went. Though the picture is fuzzy from being taken in the dark my name was sure enough there on the Wall of Tolerance-a multi-media constantly playing slide show.
The fountain and wall were designed by Maya Lin, who also designed the Vietnam Memorial Wall.
The film and the exhibits are powerful. I am glad I went even if I was embarrassed when I had to empty my pockets to get through security-three days on the road required three containers to hold my accumulated "stuff." The guard was very nice about it.
More pictures on the Web Album-soon.
Posted by Picasa