Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

North Platte, Nebraska

It is 11:22p. Central Time, Flying J, North Platte. My great waitress is threatening to take my computer away if I don't eat. We are way behind schedule but still feel fresh so we are going to press on toward Omaha in hopes of getting within striking distance of Gretna and lunch with Bob and Doris.

It has rained since Scottsbluff- not hard but enough to keep the windshield wipers hypnotically waving in front of my face. I needed a break and some coffee. The Flying J Scramble is a bonus. Buster has gizzards we bought for in Scottsbluff.

My big old Van has just purred along. Getting launched only required one go back home. I decided to do do a little extra work to avoid taking some stuff along. Well worth it.

I 'd better post and eat before I get spanked- I believe this Nebraska girl could get the job done!