Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Gwine Home to Casper



Justin fits the luggage in the Highlander. Rich,Val and Justin were taken to the airport this (Monday ) afternoon. They bought dinner last night at Mizner Park- Max's Grille- a classic Boca Raton eatery and the food was great-the waiter went for the hard sell at every occasion. Since we all share a bit of our entrees, we are better informed for next time. The toasts were touching-they apparently enjoyed themselves. They took in the Rockettes Christmas Show in Miami in the afternoon. I did not want to paste a memory on top of my seeing that show years ago at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. But they were very pleased with the entertainment. We did a lot!

I took group pictures at Mizner Park last night but the white balance setting was off so I went down to Deerfield to re-do some and say good-bye again.

Rich, Valerie, Justin, Lori and Jason on the Point in Jason and Lori's yard. Rich took a picture of the landscape to use as his cellphone screensaver. I checked the weather in Casper-39 degrees was the high.

I had a short visit with Lori-reliving the glory moments of the past few days, left her house with Thanksgiving leftovers, had a good long nap this afternoon, ate some leftovers, sent a few pictures, blogged and now you are up to date.