Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Resurrecting the Elante'

Sunday is moving in to John Prince Park day. Jason has to fly to NYC on Sunday afternoon so I tried to give the old motorhome a start today because I will need his help getting her into her snug spot. When I left in March, David, the storage manager was going to move it to a permanent spot. So I did not disconnect the knife switch on the battery and I left it unlocked. Somebody discharged one of my fire extinguishers inside and the battery is dead, dead, dead. Furthermore, it was not moved- vines were growing on it.

We tried jumping it. I hooked up my Yamaha Generator which has an 8 amp battery charger and scooted down to Deerfield to dog-sit the Grandpup. Tough duty that- he was so mellow I had to coax him to play.
On Friday the canal was busy with all manner of boats heading out and coming in. I watched a resident Iguana and two pretty good size tree lizards. I think I was about to make friends with one. He was pretty curious about me. Juneau and I ended up watching an episode of the Dog Whisperer. The phone rang- Lori had been trying to reach me on a cell phone that was in the Van charging and was worried. Sweet of them to worry but no need. If injured or sick,I will call them, if dead, no worries.

Scooted back up I-95 to Lake Worth and a still dead battery. Tomorrow we attack that problem anew. Jason will help.

I have been in this nice house for long enough to appreciate it. Buster is quite at home. Each night the Hibiscus have a perfume time that is very sweet and enjoyable.

I had to resort to the support socks yesterday-I was ballooning in spite of my best efforts. More shapely today but they aren't fun.