Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A beachhead has been established at John Prince Park

The RV is on-site. The awnings are spread, the air conditioner tested, the refrigerators turned on. Harold from New Brunswick, Canada helped me get situated . He seems a nice man who cooks for his wife, and speaks English and offered to help me back in. I have mere inches to spare between the coach and a palm tree. There is a lot left to do. I am going to stay here at the Boynton house at least one more day so I can run the vacuum without scaring Buster, and do all the settling in. My pad is shell rock which will require some ground cover to keep from tracking in the coach.

Lori came to fetch me and reunite me with the Van. She then checked on Buster for me in Boynton so I could stay and work. We had alternative plans depending on what Jason felt like doing. He has had two grueling days negotiating in New York and flew back this afternoon-his birthday. Thirty eight years old.He wanted to defer a birthday celebration. Too tired. Lori is a good scout. She liked her little gifts. Small potatoes, they bought this king-size bed here so the O.F. would have a place to sleep.

Lori said Buster was coughing-there is something in the air that he is allergic to- I gave him a Benadryl- he is knocked out- that is what they do to me too. My northern Florida Vet says Benadryl is OK for dogs.Don't say "cigarette smoke" because I smoke outside exclusively here. One thing to stink up my own homes, and quite another to stink up somebody else's.

Had calls and emails from the Oregonians because I sent enquiries. Eve, Cheryl and Audrey came back from a trip to the coast in 70 mile an hour winds and fallen trees but missed the 40 foot seas and 100 mile an hour winds. A forty foot surf in Florida would have me swimming even as far inland as I am. Maybe I need to get a life-jacket for the van. The hurricane season ended December 1 and was a non-starter. It is very dry here.