Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Located!


This is home for the next 97 days. Pretty nearly set up. Popped a joint in the waterline and Mike was supposed to fix it today but he did not show. This is how the season always starts-three years running. I started to fix it myself but the pressure coupling disappeared behind a board. I have been busy, cleaning, waxing the wood, stowing stuff and at least starting out organized. I've decided I am high maintenance but low rent. By the time I got all the electronics sorted and set up, I had this realization. Could be worse.
I took my first bike ride, took Buster for a leash walk in the park-he did well, stowed all the clean clothes I washed in Boynton, as well as bedding, throws, etc. Goody is still with us-she shows up in the vacuum cleaner-she was a good little hair factory. The heat really took the starch out of several things in the coach this year. I am not done with fixing and maintenance but the Elante' is certainly liveable.

I have seen many old friends- same story everyplace- almost nobody got the spot they wanted. Some of those spots are still empty so something is rotten in Denmark but this is nearly the only affordable nice park in the area so we shut up and roll with it. Glad to be here in the sun and vegetation and it is good to visit and find out how the "park people" have fared. Ted's wife told me they had been talking about me-wondering if I would be back..."well you never know," she says...it is year by year at this point and there is an air of "we made it for another season!"

I ran down to Deerfield for a belated birthday dinner for Jason-Mexican food at the Baja Cafe-Jason's choice- he wanted to let me off easy. He regaled us with eating at a Gordon Ramsay restaurant in NYC. (Have you seen Hell's Kitchen on TV?) He gave it a positive review. He also shared his birthday cards: "There is an Art to Farting....Happy Birthday Rembrandt!" We drove through a ritzy neighborhood to look at the Christmas lights, went to the house for carrot cake which sent my sugar over the top and gave me a headache to drive home with. Juneau was glad to see his Grampy and he and Jason had a romp.Lori looked smashing. Pleasant evening.
Posted by Picasa