Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Still Nesting

The trick to getting out of here in good shape is to remember that I am now on day seven of setting up and it will take more than two days to disassemble. My new "patio rug" came in and covers the shell rock. The screen room now resembles a real room 20' by 8' greatly expanding the liveable area.

Greg and Lew dropped by after laundering their nice dogs-both dogs were rescued and they are now as sweet as they can be. I am invited for lunch tomorrow. Lew traded off their Buick at CarMax and they bought a VW station wagon with 22,000 miles for $10,000.00. They are really pleased with it. We will try out the Legion Club in Boynton someday soon. Greg is a member.

I planted petunias around the sad little Ficus tree my friend Wilbur of the grounds crew entrusted to me to nurse back to health. It is already looking better. Then I got out my Christmas tree lights and decorated the patch to good effect.

The Van is now completely unpacked and more or less restored to order-doesn't look like I am currently living in it, anyway. Found some stuff that never made it into the house in Arapahoe. Speaking of which, the tent camping area is full- the repossession of homes is making itself felt in the park. There are dispossessed families living here.

Cooked dinner tonight pleasing Buster no end. We have been relying on the deli at Publix entirely too much. Chicken breasts, gravy, baked potato, and sweet and sour Italian succotash. Pretty tasty. Even have the TV antenna aimed and get seven free channels. So domestic.

Delores called tonight-our old professional acquaintances are dropping like flies or going bonkers. Cold and miserable in Wyoming and my being in Florida is engendering strong feelings in some quarters. My little brother told me to do something that is physically impossible-unfortunately. We are going to get a cold front through here by the weekend-it could get down to 72.