Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Puttin' On the Ritz


Jason's boss has a series of Holiday parties and is kind enough to extend an invitation to me. I took the top picture of the kids in their home where we pre-indulged in very tasty Oregon wines- not a wise decision it turned out. Five minutes away a generous glass of David's $100/bottle wine was poured and we were off!


Part of the catering staff at work producing canape's like veal, raw tuna, lamb chops with a mint jelly sauce, etc. before producing a sit-down dinner for 260 people on the verandah. Real flowers bouquets, etc. Yet it was all relaxed David wore his jeans and a black shirt, Jacqui wore jeans albeit $800 jeans. The guests were a broad cross-section-I visited at length with a delightful Bahamian lady who adores Jason. The guests were pretty dressed up to casual. It was delightful.
Poolside dining on the Verandah.
Roasted Lamb chops with mint jelly dipping sauce do beat Vienna sausages in barbecue sauce, I have to admit.
More mediocre photos at the web album. Fabulous doesn't begin to describe the evening.
Posted by Picasa

Puttin' on the Ritz