Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Paying for my Sins

Sunday was spent paying for my excesses on Saturday night. I haven't had to do that in many moons. In fact I woke up Saturday night and ate an orange and a bowl of soup-about all I had at the Boynton house. We headed for John Prince Park where I slowly worked up to washing the RV-sweating out the vapors of $100.00 wine- or was it the Oregon Syrah? We may have to field-test again to find out. There are rumors of water restrictions so we rumor recipients decided we had better wash our vehicles while the washing was still available and maybe for the only time this season.

Called Sue and Rasty- he didn't have a clue. So sad. Sue is bearing up.

I went to the store to stock up on staples for normal eating-mayo, ketchup, mustard,lunch meat, potatoes, etc. and saved several bucks by stopping by Family Dollar before Publix which is right next door. Spent most of them right away giving $5 to a non-Inglesa speaker who was clutching $2.00 and had four cup of noodles (31 cents apiece), and a two liter bottle of store brand soda. He was buying for bulk, not balance.

I went outside about 10:00 p.m. to enjoy the night cool air in my screen house and awoke about 2:00 a.m.,stumbled in to find Buster in my bed and we had a nice snuggle.
Monday morning it had either sprinkled or heavy dewed. Buffed the RV.