Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

A busier day than anticipated: Socialized Buster with a toy poodle that scared him last night. They actually played in the daylight. Nice lady who owns the poodle-they are full-timers going on 5 years on the road.

I called Sue-she is having hard times. Rasty is beyond the care of one person and he is going into the hospital, then to a nursing home. She has been a saint-providing him good care but she feels sad. I can only imagine the conflicting emotions. Alzheimer's is awful.

Jason asked me to have playdates with Juneau on the 24th and 25th so I drove the 30 miles to Deerfield only to find that T and Lil had locked the house up tight. I tried the room being re-constructed and got to the vapor barrier but the plastic zipper door had the zipper on the other side away from me. My grandpuppy made quick work of that problem! Had to leave a note that the burgling was benign. I think Buster and Juneau are on the verge of playing. We had fun. Called Rich- the Grandma Mason replica popcorn balls he and Valerie made arrived and were a "blast from the past." Nostalgic Christmas item.

The Fresh Market in Boca was on my mind and on my way- Lori had been buying vegetable chips that I took a liking to- and I wanted to buy. They are freeze dried, recognizable vegetables, lightly salted and crisp. The Fresh Market is a an idea whose time has come. Could hardly find a place to park and the place was jammed- checkout line, long. The food-especially veggies and meats were gorgeous. Lots of "foodies" in the lines discussing what they had eaten or were going to eat. I answered the question "Can a determined person find unhealthy food at the Fresh Market?" Yes. Chocolate peppermint bark, for one.

I also hit the Publix in Lantana-got two fat pork chops for Christmas dinner as well as other comfort foods. We are set for a pleasant day. I will place calls tomorrow, having decided to cease Christmas Cards as one of my contributions to "greening."

Posted by Picasa