Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas to Me!

Juneau enjoys the season-except for the dressing up part. But like most men he is a good sport about it. He is a dog with a strong sense of dignity and for whom playfulness and being goofy has to be his idea.

The kids are off to Texas to see Lori's family today (Sunday) so we did our little celebration last night at Phyllis G's Enigma restaurant which is one of those unprepossessing places with terrific food. (pecan encrusted grouper, lobster bisque, for me). All I gave them was Naked Lady Soap. What they gave me was terrific but I suspect others might be getting one too so I won't spoil the surprise-just toss out hints like it is "right up my alley," makes me smile to look at it, and is infused with thoughtfulness.

They are turning over their house to Eve's brother Taylor and Lillian, who are coming from Amarillo ( where the kids are going-they will trade keys and handover their car at the airport.) to be with their son Chris from Los Angeles who is going with Leah, a Palm Beach girl (got that?) T and Lil will babysit Juneau but I will make play-date calls on the 24th and 25th to exercise Buster and Juneau as they will be in Palm Beach.

Excitement in the park yesterday three sites up- a pitbull bit a little girl. Sheriff, Fire and Rescue, Park Ranger, Animal Control-the entire hooplah showed up. It is the second dog incident this year- a Chow bit a kid, bit the irate father of the kid, and bit the Sheriff's Officer who was called in. I am afraid he is a goner or the owners have already gone. Makes it tough on the rest of us with milder dogs.


Posted by Picasa