Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Laid Back

I found an opportunity to wear a quilted flannel shirt K-Mart special I brought along over the past two days. It has gotten to the low forties on the Fahrenheit scale. It gets shed by noon. Monday was mostly buy groceries, clean, and catch up in our cozy nest. My legs look nearly normal. I may chance shorts when it warms up-only causing blindness from white skin as opposed to upchucking from the Michelin man effect. The BP meds are reduced, the aspirin increased. The blood sugar is better and I have learned how I feel when I need to take a Glucophage tablet. I am sleeping better-longer and fewer wake-ups. My energy level is good and Buster is enjoying longer leash walks. He headed right for our old spot (still empty!)last night and the leash was useful as he spotted a coon and nearly pulled me over when he hit the end of the leash. He stopped pretty suddenly. We were both surprised.

Looking over the Blog I see where I omitted part of Saturday. For Jason's birthday, Lori and I were looking for "dock boxes" for him to store his boat cushions and paraphernalia. None big enough that weren't plastic behemoths. Turns out Greg is a carpenter/handyman. So I invited them down to survey the task. It took about 30 minutes to scope that out and we retired to poolside for Heineken's. They had shown up in a bright red Nissan wagon-the VW kept quitting on them. Carmax had no problem voiding the old sale and this is a great car that we took to Rattlesnake Jack's to sit on the sidewalk, ogle the hardbodies and surfers, drink more beer and dine on dolphin fingers with Thai sauce. Also turns out Greg is not quite so altruistic as it first appeared. The 21 year old woman and he have planned a photo shoot and he will post on his blog on the website "newbienudes." "Oh," sez I, Then it is not entirely altruistic, Greg?" Lew laughs hysterically. Lew is a Physician's Assistant in upstate New York. See I told you they were interesting. Companionable.