Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!


Harold and Julia from next door coaxed me out of my coach for the park New Year's party with a drink. Seemed unneighborly to refuse. The party itself was pretty bad-like a faculty tea party. Harold and Julia are warm and fun, though. Got right into the spirit of standing in front of the no alcohol sign with our alcoholic beverages. Adding breadth to my circle of friends this year. I wanted to accept Greg's invitation to see the year in with them and wash the taste of the tight-asses out of my mouth but had just enough to drink that I went dozy.

New Year's day saw some Internet users. Yay! Canadians, but nice ones. I had grown a little discouraged and did not even fire up the computer this morning-so Murphy's Law kicked in and it was not smooth sailing but I think we are good to go now and I will be sure to have it booted every day. I headed out to the Salvation Army to buy some better computing chairs and they were closed but people were going through the donations while looking over their shoulders. How desperate or low must you be to steal from the Salvation Army Thrift Store? I found some nice chairs at Big Lots for not much more- and they were open on New Year's Day. A black man was hanging around the cash machine at Publix and said, "I'm not hungry but I sure could use a buck for a beer." He scored for candor and I laughed and gave him two. He was dry shaving himself with a Bic razor. (ouch).

Called the kids at 10:00 this a.m. and Jason caught what Lori brought home from Texas. A vile bug with fever, chills, and misery. They did not even want me to come cook soup for them. Bless their hearts.

Yesterday was too much fun with a camera. I am working on a web album of dogs and owners and kids- to share. They make me smile and I think they will do the same for you.
Posted by Picasa