Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Audrey and Scamper

Audrey is the nice lady who invited us over for dog treats. I thought I would return her kindness with dog portraits. Audrey is a pistol just like my granddaughter Audrey. We got down on the patio carpet and started to laugh-neither of us were totally confident of being able to get up. She asked if I had a cell phone and she suggested we order a pizza and see if the delivery person could help us up. As it turned out we both arose with dignity and some grace. She had some trailer storage knowledge that was really helpful. She also introduced the Bunco game into the park. A game was tonight but I ended up over at Greg and Lew's for Michaela's birthday cake.
Scamper is a mixed breed pound puppy and a treat- what a face! Nice dog too. He landed in a good spot.

The Internet Terminal is staying busy- there were 8 users today. Chore time in Lake Worth: The Post Offices in Florida are a trial. Long lines at every single one I have used. The clerks seem efficient, fast, and helpful- just not enough of them. I went to the beach but the parking ticket vending machine wouldn't take a buck today. Spoke to a policeman about it and he said to leave a note on my windshield. It is a pretty good hike down to the parking lot so I just went home after a couple of snapshots. After a beautiful day, the wind was picking up, anyway. Another day.
Posted by Picasa