Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Playday in the Park

Matt called and wanted to bring Popeye's Chicken to the park and have a play day for Audrey. Popeye's was a treat I was unfamiliar with-it includes southern treats such as beans and rice, delightfully smoky in flavor. It was fun to watch him with his darling daughter- working on the monkey bars, pushing her higher in the swings, and going down the slide, finding shells to throw back in the lake, walking, riding on his shoulders.

They headed back for Audrey's nap and I rode my bike before two impressive cloudbursts dumped on us.

A church sponsored scout troop about 100 strong-all black, camped in the park this weekend. This group comes annually and seems to grow each year. Boys and girls, men and women with quasi-military organization except for free time which is mayhem like all the scout troops at free time. The Canadian on my left was open-mouthed as they paraded by with military cadence chants. They "policed the area," before leaving- couldn't even tell they had been there.


I folded early last night-woke up at 1:30 a.m. the first time feeling like I was going to barf. I didn't, but I also noticed the power was off in the park- I was still fine on battery power. My legs are trying to swell toward evening but so far so good-even on the BP med.

Buster is such a good dog. He is going to get left home while we take another run at Seaquarium tomorrow. He will be cooler even if it will be a pretty long time for us both.

Memory Hook: The San Diego Chargers beat the Indianapolis Colts- an exciting game with an unexpected ending. Talked to Delores. Talked to Rich. The date for his and Valerie's nuptials is July 5. Since Val's daughters will comprise her attendants Rich needs 4 also. Tune in for the the march of the penguins as tuxedos are in the plans.
Posted by Picasa