Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Loved Ones



Cheryl has an older puppy who is so mellow. Last year after Goodie passed, she let Buster gentle down with strange dogs using her calm dog. Nice critters both. Warm hearts. We visited for awhile.

Snagged this lady off the street. She speaks little English- I think German is her native tongue. We did communicate enough and she was pleased with the pictures and a little befuddled (in a nice way) at being accosted and photographed. Cute puppy.

Otherwise a slow day- a little bike riding, a little visiting around. I am saving up energy for a move Tuesday morning. Somebody decided the giant pine tree behind me had to come down before the wind blew it down. Two of my neighbors and I have to move while the tree comes down. I am the most "settled in" and I am not looking forward to deconstructing the Internet Screen room, etc. I have some ideas to put it back together better but it was a several day construction project the first time.

Vivienne was giving her Shih-Tzu a ride on her bike and though I have done their portrait, I told her I wanted that shot. In the course of visiting she identified the dog that got run over as one I had photographed. I had a great picture I hadn't printed because it wasn't her dog. So I did some work on it and made an 8X10 for the bereaved parents. Gave it to Vivienne to get framed.
Posted by Picasa