Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Iggy and Sandy


Iggy, the dog, Sandy and Bill, are neighbors two doors up. Iggy was kind of timid on arrival but is now the major domo of the neighborhood. He stops in for treats and greets all residents. This is the family that usually goes to Quartzite, AZ. I haven't checked out their 5th wheeler but I am going to-Quartzite camping is "dry camping" -no hookups and they have outfitted for solar energy. Their home state is Ohio- very pleasant people. They are both readers-Sandy likes Mysteries, Bill likes Westerns. Lots of readers in the park.

Finally got in touch with Lori to wish a Happy Birthday on Thursday February 1. She was forthcoming about a heart's-desire. While they gallivant Saturday I will plant some Geraniums.

After Internet shopping extensively, I placed an order for my new camera. A Sony/Minolta alpha: an SLR which is a major increment upwards from my beloved ginned up "point and shoots." I never fully appreciated the difference until that darn Norm showed me his camera. I had successfully resisted the more recent incarnations of my Canon cameras as not advancing the art enough to justify the expense.

I was feeling pretty "mortal" yesterday. For some reason (pizza?) the ankles puffed, the BP went wacky so I didn't do a whole lot. Took a couple of bike rides, emailed, fooled around, put my feet up. Made spaghetti. Buster got three walks.

Posted by Picasa