Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Everything is Just Beachy

Jonathan Fugpucker Seagull, no relation to Jonathan Livingston Seagull, is sending sunshine and hope for warmer temperatures to Wyoming and the West. He told me so. Remember you can click on the photos for enlargement.
Slathered in Coconut oil the masses are heading for the beach. Reading, just broiling themselves, looking good or not so trim, but still enjoying, smelling the salt air, soaking up the sun, getting sand where sand usually doesn't get, and people watching. Some even swim.
This one is worth enlarging. It appears they are piloting this boat from the top of the tower- and they are moving at a pretty good clip.
Strategically placed surfboard, huh? Mr. head-on the-beach wasn't the only baldy whose head was turned. In fact, I bought a hat at a tourist trap to cover mine which was turning...red. The hat was in the $5.00 basket. The store owner here in service Hell was nowhere to be found so I left $5.50 and a note. I think I joined a motorcycle gang with this hat.

If there is a wack-o within 1000 yards they will find me. Had a lengthy conversation with a paranoiac. Moving on, I migrated down Federal Highway to a K-Mart Store where I bought socks, which I was looking for, two shirts because they were big enough, and a straw hat that is more "cane cutter" than Greg Norman but offers some protection from the Sun. Like the Old Leadbelly song: "I'm built for Comfort, not for Style."

Papa John's thin crust pizza went home with me after a brief courtship which involved money. I got off the thoroughfares and cruised a neighborhood or two-just seeing how regular people live. A person needs to do that once in awhile in the midst of all the opulence.

Sat on the grass and played with Buster for awhile after our pizza party. He loved it. He is turning into quite the snuggle pup. Lori's birthday is tomorrow. I will call her. Stumped for a great surprise. Perhaps I will do something for her if/when I babysit the dog for their getaway.
Posted by Picasa