Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Rainy Day

The weatherman made me eat my words. He was right on today. Beautiful sunshiny morning, beautiful rainy afternoon- a good rain. My awning had two drips instead of sheets of water. I will touch it up when it dries out. Warned by the forecast, I tidied the house, walked to the bath house and showered, and did sundry other housekeeping chores.

Lew and Greg stopped by this morning- their car is repaired and looks great. They were on their way to Jupiter Beach where there is a dog beach. JJ apparently loves it- Pupper could do without it. After they came back, I took them to dinner at the Grumpy Grouper. The food was pretty good- B+. It is close and informal and that was good. After a couple of drinks the "F" word sounded awfully loud to me. What doesn't make me blink at home does give me pause when it could be annoying to others. They are paying for their good time too. Might be time to do some evaluating. People can bring you up or drag you down. Has nothing to do with liking or not. We'll just have to see what the trajectory is.

Norm stopped by to see if my camera came. I gve "Kitty" some dog treats and she was impressed. We walked over to Norm's and he loaned me a book on my new camera. I've just about finished it. He gave me some pointers about what works for him.

Buster has not enjoyed the rain as much as I have. We will walk early. He had a tinkle break awhile ago and found something out there to chase. He is still swift as can be. Fortunately he came right back.