Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Our Wilbur Makes a Joyful Noise

As previously disclosed in these very web pages, Wilbur was born in the USA- up north. He married and came to Florida, got dumped and raises his children. He is pretty buttoned up-all business but we usually find time for a chat and a Coke each year. Willie is one of three full-time maintenance persons within John Prince Park Campground. So when he requested to put on a concert with his church's bands Wednesday night, he got permission and a pretty big turnout. They passed the hat. Somebody got up to read from the Bible but the band played on.
It was interesting to see Wilbur in this context. And all these Hispanic men were dressed in blue shirts and most had ties, and some had suit jackets- Spiffy. I liked that Willie bounced his butt and got a little body English into the music. Nice to see some joy come out.
They were musical, on key, rhythmic, just not consistently, nor all at the same time. They worked hard- were deadly serious about putting on a show. They gave all credit to God. Glad I went to give support to the home team.

The new camera wasn't doing too well so I went home for the Canon which I know how to use a little better. Night pictures are a challenge.

Thursday, I woke up with my guts on fire. Had the pip. Didn't do much. Harold brought me a 12-pack of Moosehead Beer as a thank-you, for what? Duplicating CD's? No big whoop. They are chillin'. Product of Canada. I'll share. It was very nice of him. I was sitting by my van in the late afternoon trying to take pictures of aircraft taking off and Patsy trundled over- she needed a little company while she had her wine. So I had a beer. Those Canadians take care of their own-she has not dined at home or alone since Joe left for Canada. It was good to visit and get her/their story. They were educators. Both taught, Patsy Middle School English and Math. Joe became an administrator. Got the kids through college and had the house paid for. Time to travel and play. She saw their first RV- a Class C and bought it and called Joe to tell him. They have had three since.
Posted by Picasa