Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Friday Afternoon Club in J.P.Park

Patsy had leftovers from the Superbowl party so she decided to spend them on us. Harolds's gift Moosehead Beer was well-chilled and I shared and I have to confess I was impressed with it. Harold had been to the brewery and knew all about it. New Brunswickians are bilingual- most read books in English-preferred. I think French is the preferred speaking language. They had book sales scoped out.
Friday Afternoon Club isn't much different from Monday- Thursday Club except it is on Friday.
Buster attended and was a perfect gentleman. Accepted the proferred Taquitos gently and did not beg for more. We had another play session on the bed today. His lateness in becoming domesticated has him missing some skills. He likes peek-a boo where the blanket goes over his head, creepy mouse, and pat-a-cake. We may get to fetch in time. He tries so hard to be Mr. Perfect, he gets nervous. Getting the concept of play is the task at hand. He has a sense of humor and he gets wound up.
Doc and Jan Rosenberg came late- I do not know if they were invited specifically but I think the invitations are open and they are always welcome. He is a hoot. He always makes me laugh and his Jewish sensibility amuses me. Jan is a smart and kind woman- teaches Yoga, Tai Chi, and fabric arts- weaving, beading.
Posted by Picasa