Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday, Monday...

The Blimp is gone. The Allianz Golf Tournament finished, I-95 traffic is back to bad from awful. Coolish- a perfect day for laundry and high time to do it. The Internet Terminal saw some new customers: One a dutchy sounding man with a large diamond stud in his ear and I was going- "Let's see, is it left earlobe for smokes dope, or is gay?" Then deciding it didn't really matter to me. Whatever....

Greg dropped in early, I had a great cookie to give him from last night's send-home, and dog cookies for Buster and JJ. Greg spent a lot of yesterday working on Pop's house and he is taking great pride in his work. He can be fun, sweet and agreeable company and other times.... He has not had an easy life and has really done very well for himself but self-raising causes some gaps and hurts that seem to never heal. As a school administrator I often wanted to pinch the heads off some parents for failing the raw potential of their kids. Sometimes I wanted to pinch the heads off their kids, too. But the time for head pinching is past. Now it is all binary: on or off. What else is there to do?

Pat's husband has to have more surgery on his arm- they are getting right after it but their departure for the west coast is delayed from the 16th. It is not melanoma but it is worse than originally thought. Darn.

Motored to Boynton to my own private laundromat. (Hint from Heloise: A pre-wash solution of Dawn dish soap and water sprayed on food stains and skidmarks will remove them.) Also, took some time to clean and straighten up the Van which was looking lived in. ( Heck, it is lived in sometimes.) Took Lori's kitchen shears and pruned foliage so it didn't touch the neighbor's proppitty- an offense that can result in a warning letter from THE ASSOCIATION. Aired the house out. Read my RV magazine. Did not see another resident in the four hours I was there- saw three laborers or service people, gardener, pool man, air conditioner repair person. Came home in the dark with clean clothes. Ate smoked turkey lunch meat and Tostitos, and Boar's head pickle chips. End of Story.
Posted by Picasa