Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Not Fit For Man Nor Beast!

We emerged from the storms about 2:00 p.m. this afternoon. It was a wild ride. At one lull last night I stepped out to see constant flickering of lights behind the clouds. 1500 lightning bolts per hour were counted by the Weather Service. Strong Winds, and lots of squalls. I spoke to Art who is a tent camper up the road. There was too much weather for him to get from his tent to his van. He was electrified by overflow from a lightning bolt. I know which one it was. The brilliant flash and the thunderclap were simultaneous. No permanent damage that I can discern. He has been a little spacey as long as I have known him.
Cinnamon does have the appropriate gear for the weather. I was able to get Buster out to take care of business before he burst. He was not interested in going out while the storm was raging. I turned on the TV in the bedroom which works off rabbit ears, in addition to the coach antenna, which I had to retract because of wind, and we lazed and dozed most of the day away. Felt kinda good. When we got sunshine, I made a break for the store and decided to check out the beach because the surf was up.
Alas! The long lens was home in the coach but the mood of the ocean was different today and the dedicated surfers were out trying to catch a wave.
This man was walking in cold rain though the temperature was 72. I drove up the A-1-A to Palm Beach , looking at the huge mansions, and drove down Dixie Highway looking at the seedier side. A cold front has arrived. I will enjoy clear skies tomorrow. I''m glad for the rain that has fallen on this droughty place.
Posted by Picasa