Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, February 15, 2008

The Morikami Japanese Gardens

Packed up the camera and the dog and headed southwest to the famed Morikami Museum and Gardens. A shady parking spot for the hound and a bowl of water allowed me to explore most of this unique place. It is not a flower-rich place but the art is amazing. Ever-changing focus makes you see the same objects in a different light/view/perspective. Every hour, changes the art. It is a peaceful place.

The simple placement of a round frame invites you to frame different places.

Some rock gardens are just that- rocks, arranged artfully.


Water features are not flashy but serene- tranquil. This place invites contemplation. A great way to spend the day.

It was a pretty good jaunt down there. It was closing in on dinner time when we started back so I made two stops- burger time for the pooch, and I bought a couple of Boston Market Chicken pot-pies which are better than you might think. I had Patsy in mind. We sat outside and had a dinner. I did the dishes- walked them to the dumpster. Nice day.

More pictures at the Web Album:

Morikami Japanese Gardens Delray, FL Feb 2008