Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Pictures from Home(s)

Sue sent pictures from Arapahoe, WY and, unexpectedly, they were a sight for sore eyes. Their ranch is just up the river from my homestead and the familiar sights were very nice to see. She is getting new lambs. She specializes in black ones and sells the wool to fabric artists and crafters from all over the world.
A winter sunset probably shot from their new deck. Crisp and Cold, and a beautiful sight.
My old buddy Moses is getting checked out by the lambs. He is one of their guardians.
Here at my winter home, it seems the only people you see laboring are brownish ones. These men were planting water plants behind a seawall designed to protect them and allow them to flourish, cleansing the water and providing habitat.

How very nice to have three places to be (add Oregon) in theit best seasons. And nice to know that despite the southern fun, my heart still has a soft spot for HOME.
Posted by Picasa