Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mount's Botanical Gardens

It has been kind of a strange weekend. I think I may have been working up to a sleep deprived state because I did a lot of sleeping, and that seems to promote the loss of fluid that builds up in my legs so it was fine with me but not very exciting. Saturday was mostly at home except for a quick jaunt to the grocery store. I didn't even need to do that because Harold and Julie gave me leftovers- a seafood in alfredo sauce and noodles dish that was very tasty. I was up early Sunday and opened the terminal, got sleepy and went back to bed. When I awoke Patsy's coach was gone, a new outfit was moving in and Patsy rode by to tell me she was now in number 10- lakeside property. Joe will come back Tuesday night and they will know if they are going to the west coast as planned or home for more treatment for Joe. I decided to look at my list of things I want to do for something fairly close. I boogied up Military Trail, leaving Buster at home because it was a hot day, and found Mount's Botanical Gardens and proceeded to give the camera a proper workout.
Mount's has several sections over fourteen acres- Tropical Forest, to arid, edible gardens, butterfly gardens, islands, formal gardens: a very wide cross-section of flora and a little fauna. It was pretty quiet. A few families and couples did pretty much what I was doing, ambling, some taking pictures, some having lunch, most just enjoying being in vegetation.

I stopped and ate at a Chinese Buffet on Lake Worth Road. I had Buster covered with some stuff at home. The food was very good and the place was near Albertson's where I wanted to pick up some candy to put in the dish I was returning to Julie. And here I am.


More pictures at the web album:
Mount's Botanical Gardens


Posted by Picasa