Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Whatever Works

Not everyone has a grand camper and nobody gets snooty-because there are as many uses and users as you can imagine. People who drive behemoths sometimes cast an envious eye on the camper with a light tow and decent gas mileage, or the ability to maneuver. Some people only need a dry place to sleep, others need a mini-home. Some like to live simply and others need all their toys. Practically everybody has some ingenious adaptations that suit their particular needs.

Another slowish day here- we started out wet and it gradually got nicer. I didn't open the Internet terminal because it was too wet this morning. I have switched my drink of choice to Rooibos red tea with a dollop of honey-home/Sun-brewed in plastic water bottles. No caffeine might be slowing me down. But I feel well.

Fortuitously, I made a big dinner. Pork chops-skinny ones, were on sale the other day and it seemed a good idea to cook the whole package in barbecue sauce. Greg and Lew and the dogs stopped by after their jaunt to Okeechobee today so I was able to nuke some potatoes and serve tough little pork chops, pork and beans and a salad. I was glad to see them. They have zest. Dogs did all right too.

I have been carrying a dead cell phone around apparently. When I discovered it, I plugged it in and found Lori had called this morning. We connected and will do something this week. They had friends- 3 sets, all of whom were in their wedding, arrive in town Friday. I didn't expect to hear from them this soon. I asked Lori if they laughed until their stomachs ached and she said yes. Sounds like it was a boost all around. That makes me happy too.

Tried to shower earlier but all showers in our building were occupied. I am going to wander up there in the dark and hope we don't get another power bump.
Posted by Picasa