Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, February 22, 2008

The Fare-Well Season is starting

Joe and Pat left this morning for Sarasota. Pat will fly home from Tampa to babysit her granddog for Spring Break. Pierre, their friend from home came to visit before they left. We are still going to have their farewell barbecue tomorrow. The Canadians all take their sweet time going home. They have to reside in Canada for six months of a year to keep their health insurance.
Since Harold and Julie will be leaving for Orange City, FL next Wednesday, I took them to dinner at Phyllis G's thinking they would love it and thanking them for their many kindnesses. They did love it. It was a very pleasant evening. They have been coming here for five years. Harold retired in October, Julie in November and they were in Florida in December that year.

Beautiful day today. No rain. Boynton got a visit for my laundry and the luxury of a 5 nozzle shower. That is on the way to Delray for dining so it made good sense and was very relaxing. With kids camping on Scout Hill and dozens of rigs with five or six barking dogs per each, it is not relaxing here right now. It won't last but the weekend so I am just enjoying the sights and sounds.

Too much to do. I was given tickets to India Fest in Palm Beach, Lake Worth Street Painting is this weekend, the dog show is in the park. I will do what I can do. Glad to see sunshine.
Posted by Picasa