Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Met a Gorgeous Blonde...

Met a gorgeous blonde and here she is. But then I fell in love about twenty times more as I met the dogs participating in the Boca Raton Dog Show. They are great. Their owners are also smitten and evidently willing to expend BIG bucks in doing the show circuit. Some of the rigs are custom and must approach the half-million dollar range.But there are some less well-heeled participants too. The owners and groomers couldn't be more gracious in allowing picture taking and even posing the dogs. I will tell you this: showing dogs is very labor intensive requiring dawn to dark effort. I met the top standard poodle at Westminster who is retired but was attending the show to see how his offspring performed. Like a movie star, he still looks great and knows it. Great fun to see and the interaction of man and animal.

Stopped by to give passes to the India-fest to Lew and Greg. Then I boogied up to Palm Beach and got lost but eventually found the venue. We arrived about the same time. Lots of
colorful sights , smells and tastes. There wasn't a whole lot of action. There was a series of musicians who were dwarfed by the stage. Very little visual spectacle so we were gone before my two hours on the parking meter was up. Greg bought a CD. A sunny beautiful humid day that tied the high temperature record- about 86 degrees. The heat was sapping my energy so I came home for a rest. They went to Deerfield Beach.

I thought the carved watermelon was pretty amazing.


Later I attended the barbecue, and campfire in the event that was supposed to be the farewell for Pat and Joe. The numbers are dwindling. Fernand and Harold know the lyrics to French and English Country songs and accompanied the recordings. There was a little war going on between Julie and Harold over the loudness of the music but like all the interactions in this group, it was good-natured. Fernand went to the restroom and when he came back he caressed his wife Yvette's leg. Harold told him, "No need to do that, I already took care of it for you." Tickled himself. I repeated my online observation that we were like teenagers, joking, listening to tunes around the campfire, having a few drinks, and hanging out. Harold said, "I'll take that!"

More Pictures at the Web Album:

Busy Florida February 23


Posted by Picasa