Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

It Takes All Kinds

It takes all kinds to make an interesting world. It really did get down to forty degrees last night so I was pedalling with my quilted shirt on this morning. I decided to seek out some new acquaintances. I noticed a lady working on her quilt. They are full timers but come from this area. Her husband sold their local business and the new owner hires him for tax season. They tend to summer in the Vermont area and winter here. She has one of those Rascal Scooters and belongs to several quilting guilds. She is going to offer this one for silent auction soon. Nice lady and really with it mentally. Took pictures and gave her some and she was thrilled to have them for her quilting "history book." Many camping people are friendly and willing to visit. Some are stinkers: can you say 8 of 10 Quebec citizens?



Then there are the absolute princes of Quebec ( "kebec"). Two are named Puma and Claude ( "Klode") I had seen them riding around and tracked them down this morning. Claude said he would be by around 2 for picture posing. Good as his word. Puma is a Great Dane who rides in a special trailer behind Claude's Harley Davidson. (Claude also has a big 5th wheel and diesel pickup truck) Puma has a helmet and "colors" all his own. His vest has an embroidered "69" and no, I didn't ask. When I mentioned I wanted a picture, Claude said he and his dog are always together- a man after my own heart.





Speaking of which, Buster "came with" to Deerfield tonight. Jason cooked a beef tenderloin, asparagus, sweet potatoes, hot Italian bread, and had little cheesecakes with choice of strawberry or blueberry topping. I was impressed. Lori's mom and her friend Martin are visiting from Texas (shopped till they dropped today) and they had Jake and Dean up from Fort Lauderdale. They winter here when Jake isn't traveling on business. They have other homes too. They are working on their 275 year old stone farmhouse on 100 acres in Pennsylvania. There are ten outbuildings on the property too. It sounds like real work and fabulous, too. They fly up to supervise the Amish craftsmen who are helping to fix it up. Dinner pix tomorrow. Kathy E. came too and seemed to have forgiven the friendly pats I gave her. Juneau and Buster do just fine together and Martin must have the "animal touch." Buster became quite chummy with him. Didn't mind his friendly pats at all.

Fun day.

(sorry about the white spaces-the first try on the pix didn't work out)