Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Renaissance-Fest

I really like it when you take a chance on something kind of "iffy" and it turns out to be great. Left poor Buster at home to keep him out of the heat and motored south to Quiet Waters Park to the South Florida Renaissance Fair. It goes on for weeks and at $20 a pop for admission seemed a little pricey but it was a great value. There were at least nine live shows, history re-enactments, 400 year old past-times, and people getting their "costume freaks on." Some on-lookers dressed up. Lots of cleavage, folks.
I visited with King Henry VIII and the princelings. He had the history down pat. Founded the Tudor line.
I thoroughly enjoyed the equestrian and acrobatic show. Missed the jousting and ran out of steam before the 5:00 pm repeat of that event.
I passed on the turkey legs but that was only one of the foods offered. I'd go back. It ends March 9.

My fast camera was a thrill to use on some events. There are many more pictures at the web album. Worth taking a look:
Renaissance Fest South Florida

Posted by Picasa