Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Quack, Quack

We had about six cloudy hours which allowed a little tidying, a trip to the store, helping the new neighbors with their GPS, dealing with a park-wide power outage, before the monsoons resumed. Buster is traumatized, on my feet. In fact there were some impressive lightning strikes. I was reduced to cleaning house which carries some satisfaction but is an activity I resort to when I have come to the end of other possibilities. Joyce, the neighbor, is electronically challenged but is so anxiety ridden she is motivated to learn about the GPS they got for Christmas but was still in store packaging. Had they used it they would not have ruined their motorcycle trailer getting out of a dead end. Jerry the hubby is an angry dude. A big motivator for RV life for him is "no fixed address" so he can give the IRS a good chase. Says they owe him money but he is done with them. He is very sure of himself but not very fact based. He had a sizeable autobody shop in Pennsylvania so I will pick his brain on fiberglass maintenance.

The lovely couple below were just teenagers when this photo was taken. They are the parents of my new pup. Two pups take after their white daddy Moses. Two take after Shy, the mom. They are sweet dogs, and my friends which means more to me than conformation. Fuzzy little hair factories in any case.


The weather forecast will change in a few days so I will do more inside work if necessary. (Watching the news- we were: lucky, floods, tornadoes, twenty miles south) Plenty to do. PBS is having a pledge drive and I got a dose of Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra last night. Food for thought. I downloaded a calendar program so I can plot my next winter Florida days. I like being here and in Wyoming and Oregon. Something to look forward to in every season. Turns out my friend Janet who was having cardio problems was diagnosed with West Nile Virus. It is going to be war on the mosquitoes in Wyoming this summer. She was told the disease can imitate a lot of conditions as it works through a body. Nasty disease. She says she is doing better but she fibs about things like that. She emailed that she got a supply of Rocky Mountain Oysters for our party. They must be branding. I prefer these oysters cooked. My first job that paid into Social Security (age 11) was docking sheep. As you have to use your teeth, I had my fill of raw ones.
Posted by Picasa