Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Apres Deluge c'est moi

At least three good deluges today- big puddles, then bits of no rain. Time to sort some pictures. These of the grandchild who spent the eve of her March 1 birthday with her Nami (grandma). She decided she was going to be the Nami and the Nami was going to be the three year old. They had a good time. She is a cutie.

Meet the Neighbors: The non-speaking Quebecois to my left decided he needed to use the Internet. Ice broken there. The folks on my right came to the campground last night under unusual circumstances: Al and Snickers, the dog, drove their camper and parked it. Today it slowly emerged they arrived shell-shocked. Their coach quit them for awhile on I-95. Then they had a hard time finding the campground and bent the hell out of the trailer that towed their motorcycle and scooter. They have no tow car. Jerry's wife was in a state this morning. We visited and this afternoon I took her shopping for groceries and stuff at the dollar store. They are newbies to the life and were ill prepared. But that was a little better by dinner time. When I went to fetch her between storms to go shopping she was visiting with Moe, the translator from Quebec. Moe is kind of a fireplug of a lady but very nice and she gave me a piece of Sugar pie she had made. Very tasty but incredibly sweet. She told me to eat it with ice cream to cut the sweetness! Three bites and I was reaching for the glucophage. Beanie-weenies for dinner after that. Buster has not touched his because he heard thunder an hour ago.


It was a great day for a nap but I didn't have one for the first day in several. I have gradually developed a medicine and nap regimen that keeps my ankles pretty normal looking. I noticed Norm has pudgy ankles too. They have left. I got his awning stories while we were visiting. He had one that billowed and fell off! By the time he got to it several vehicles had run over it. He just had a little fringe to tape up. But his best story was getting caught in a tornado in Branson, Missouri- the country music place. They were told to take shelter immediately and did-taking the car to the shelter. The tornado passed quickly and they went to survey their camper. It was laid over on its side. A towing serviceman said he could latch on to it and right it. So they let him. They watched as the tow cable tightened and cut their coach right in two! The neighbors who arrived traumatised should take note. Norm and his wife are still enjoying the RV life and laughing about their misadventures.
Posted by Picasa