Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Report from your Homely-Friendmaker

Richard, my neighbor, has been prepping his coach for a face-lift-a black mask. He has been working diligently. He removed decals three days ago and was working on removing the glue with gasoline yesterday. It was slow going. I looked up on the Internet and it said penetrating oil works for this. I had a can of WD-40 and voila! It scraped right off. Today was Bondo day to fill the holes. I had never worked with Bondo so I was interested. That stuff is weird. You have about a 5 minute window to use it before it sets up hard as a rock. I took "before" pictures. He may be back or he may send me email pictures. He leaves for painting in the morning.
The other neighbors sent me to the store with their list, because I was going. Joyce made a terrific lemon dessert tonight and we gathered to watch Dancing with the Stars but the show didn't start until 9 p.m. so we went our separate ways. I nearly wore out my thumb switching back and forth between that and American Idol. Priscilla Presley gives hope to all us 60 and aboves.

In other earth-shaking news, I rode the bike in the wind, and brushed Buster.

Memory Hook: Heather Mills got a $50 million divorce settlement from Beatle Paul McCartney. She poured a glass of water over his attorney's head before she left court. There is a word for her but you will have to ask Jane Fonda what it is. The judge's decision said she was "not credible." Works out to $34,000 per day for a 4 year marriage.

Lori called- we are going to a fancy-schmancy restaurant tomorrow night and I will get to ride in the new Volvo convertible. Will experience the wind blowing through my hairs-both of them.
Posted by Picasa