Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Breezy Breakfast, Windy Supper

Ken and Mervi made Finnish pancakes, Joyce cooked sausage and bacon, on this breezy morning. We had a great breakfast and a good time. Then they were off- Gary on his scooter, Joyce, Mervi, and Ken on shank's mare-walking it off. I opened the Intenet Cafe and then rode my bike until my knees ached. I don't know why they are sore these past two days. Too much praying?

I left for Deerfield way early for a 7:40 p.m. meet-up stopping in Boynton to do laundry and shower. Then I took the scenic route, scouting for Wolf's Camera Shops. I found one and the rudeness was appalling- not the shop guy but the customers, barging to the front of the line, monopolizing time and not buying. I blew $5.50 for a new lens cap and tether. So after starting early I was late, found my camera batteries dead, and the dining contingent split in two. The girls were on-time in the Lexus, the boys were cruising in the Volvo convertible with the stereo booming. What a great ride! Season's 52 is a "concept restaurant" serving what is in season in entree portions less than 475 calories. It was very tasty, excellent ambience, service, and probably why I just finished a peanut butter and marmalade sandwich. I'm too old and too far gone to dine like the "beautiful people."

Jason put the Volvo's top up after we got home. It is like those toys: "transformers." The back flips up and panels slide out. When it is enclosed it is a metal-roofed car; no real evidence it is a convertible. Snappy looking. Wish I had a picture.

One of my stops on the way was at Petsmart for grandpuppy toys and treats for Buster. Buster got some bone segments that he really, really, liked. So we had dog treat time when we got back to Deerfield. We have more. That Juneau dog does like to see his grampie. It is mutual. Buster is an indulgent uncle. He knows he gets to go home with dad.
Posted by Picasa