Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Almost Finnished, S'mores, Pups

Though I laid in supplies for a spaghetti supper, I opted to take the neighbors to the Golden Corral- part payback for hospitality and part Bon Voyage for the Finns who will head back to Thunder Bay, Canada soon. Gary and Ken chow down above. The choice was right because these are world-class eaters. Gary had three steaks, Ken two, Merva two, but who counts? Serious eating. I felt like a piker. The spaghetti would not have done it. They had a good time. Ken had firewood to burn, Joyce got supplies for S'mores, so we had a campfire and Captain Morgan Spiced Rum and S'mores after dark. Tough life.
One of the cute little puppies below will be joining our family when we return to Wyoming. Sue sent pictures of the "new kids on the block." I am itching to hold them, snuggle them and smell the fresh air in their fuzziness. We will look for the personality fit but the one in front grabs me right now.

Serious winds earlier today but mostly breezes tonight. I may go to see the ocean in the morning. The surf is up.
Posted by Picasa