Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Polishing-in a muddle

After watching Gary's good results polishing his RV, I availed myself of some of his advice and technique and tried a test patch. They invited me for dinner Thursday night and Greg had mentioned the same on Wednesday. Came into my coach to check emails and found I was double-booked. Since Gary and Joyce's was a kind of casual invitation, I made apologies and booked it for Greg and Lew's. They had another park friend stop by and the alligator and warning ticket story gets better with each re-telling. Grilled chicken Alfredo with pasta, and fresh melon, a bit of wine, and everything gets kind of muddled after that. The five minute bike ride over in the dusk seemed like a five hour ride home in the dark.

Gary needed a guide to the RV store this morning so I went after the rain stopped. The RV store is moving to Deerfield and will be much further away next year so I bought a few things for next year. Came home, ate lunch, got dozy, went to the bed and woke up three and a half hours later. Gary woke me up for dinner. We had discussed Joyce on the way to the RV store- she is anxious to go home because her sister has a scheduled surgery. Gary said she will probably start cooking Sunday in Florida to have things for her sister in Pittburgh when she gets home Thursday. She is a very good cook and seems to see her mission in life as feeding everybody she knows. Hey, it works for me. Consistent with many Elementary school teachers I knew-mothering is a strong instinct.

Their friends Bonnie and Dave came by for dessert. They are in love with the West. Chatted about their exploits into the dark with the squeals and laughter of girl scouts playing and setting up tents for a big gathering in the background. A very pleasant day. I am yawning early so I must have been on the sleep-shy cycle again. Only one cure.

Will hit the buffer tomorrow.