Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Relaxing in the Park

A perfect, cool, still, Florida morning: Ken came rapping on my door at 8:30 a.m. Joyce's breakfast souffle' was ready and it was very tasty. My leftover fruit from last night and coffeecake, coffee, and orange juice made for a great start on the day as we ate outdoors like we most always do.

I found a nice note from some folks from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan who appreciated the Internet. Bob Rosenberg stopped by to say good-bye. "Does this mean you will miss Easter Services, sez, I? "See you next year!" (We hope.) Did some finishing touches on the window covers. Rode the bike for awhile.

I forced myself to take my nap. I had leftover spaghetti to eat so no cooking was necessary today but I needed some toiletries and ended up at the store anyway. I paid a stupidity tax of $5.00 for a new umbrella because I got trapped by a good rainstorm. That makes four I own- and I even had one in the van. I was not the only one standing in line at the Dollar Store with a cheap umbrella. Lest you think I am a total weenie, Florida rain is serious rain. Buster freaked and didn't eat until ten minutes ago. Fortunately he had a productive walk this morning.

Watched The Tiger Woods Show, Idol, and now The Ten Commandments. The last being watched this time for laughs and high camp. The DeMille movies made me devout for about a week when they first came out. Now they are knee-slappers. Even the special effects are hokey.

Will go to Deerfield tomorrow for Easter dinner and perhaps a boat ride.