Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Two, Two, Two Days in One...

Gary finally uncovered his motorcycle. They are not going to be here too much longer so I guess it was time.

Yesterday at chez Elante' was a cool slow day. Multi-naps and copious water elimination. Took a lot out of me because I have had a case of the semi-slows today. Greg and Lew came back from Okeechobee. I walked Buster down to their new spot and listened to their tales last night. I am drawn like a moth to a flame. They live much closer to the edge than I am comfortable with but I enjoy their exploits and their company. They got three warning citations from the DEC (game wardens). On one of them Greg was feeding a 200 pound alligator ham and hot dogs and getting ready to lie down next to it for a picture when they got busted. They had to delete video and pictures and the warden told them if he saw anything on You Tube, he would drive to New York and arrest them. He must have been a mind-reader. My lips are sealed on the other exploits. I am sure my caution stems from childhood scars- in 1st Grade Mrs. Marshall was trying to stab Ronnie Kelso with her pointer and got me instead. Since then it has ever been thus: sitting next to mischief gets me in trouble. Probably because I laugh. But I always seem to seek out the wilder ones. Whenever we moved, I looked up the Methodist minister's son. He was usually a corker. Not boring!

I declared today "Buster Day." He has seemed a little subdued. He is very tolerant of my going and doing and attentions to other dogs so I decided it was his day to feel special. He got three good long walks, McNuggets for lunch, a good brushing, a shank dog treat, a sit in the sunshine, on the ground petting, and pork ribs for dinner.
Posted by Picasa