Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Girls, Girls, Girls

Girl Scouts have taken over Scout Hill. There must be 200 of them. The sounds of play are similar to the boys but the girls cooperate, they hike and sing, some have Barbie pink pup tents, they have better manners and after lights out all that can be heard are giggles and whispers, and flashlights in the tents cast a glow. The leaders are on the ball. The kids look like they are having fun. They keep them in a group and somebody stands watch while the potty is used. I'd sign my granddaughter up in a minute. Good kids.
I introduced Gary and Joyce to "Fall Off the Porch Sangrias," the excellent Cuban Fusion Cuisine, and my favorite waiter Jamie and Adita's flan at Phyllis G's Bistro by way of a bon voyage/ thank-you. They are out of here Tuesday. They have fed me often. Turned out to be good neighbors. They said they would help me wax the coach in the morning so I hope I didn't hurt them with the Sangria. I got about half of the RV done today. It is looking good. Some fellow in a neighboring coach said my style coach is coming back and the old ones are in demand- he saw one advertised for $90,000. Show me the money!
Our waiter Jamie moved into his new apartment today and his wife made an appearance. She is very pregnant and due in May- a little girl. The man posing with her said he was carrying twins. Buster had leftover red snapper stuffed with crab meat, and cubano rice for dinner (and an egg). Nice day- productive and fun.
Posted by Picasa