Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Deserted

The picture of a Blue Heron was taken on our sunset cruise the other evening. It enlarges nicely if you click on it.

Gary and Joyce bid us farewell today. Their friends Bonnie and Dave are staying awhile longer before camping other places. Lexie, their dachshund is completed devoted to them and worries if they are out of sight. Mixed emotions about the Andersons leaving. I enjoyed them but they were high maintenance. They are not complete newbies but they carry with them a high level of anxiety and not enough equipment. Had to ask twice to get my patio carpet back. Yes, it was not my favorite thing but it was, after all, mine. The grill came back on its own. It was easier than having the highway patrol collect them for me. Joyce did leave a nice note and a gift. She is a warm-hearted woman.

Season 52 restaurant in Boca got us back this evening as Lori wanted Eve to have the experience. Jason let me buy for a change. I had found "Mr. Roberts Chocolates" in Boca so I got the ladies a pound apiece and a CD of the pictures of the sunset cruise and some little sundries in the chocolatier's gift bags. Make it festive once in awhile.

I had read friend Sue's Blog from Wyoming last night. She and her 75 year-old friend, Norma, who also has a husband with galloping Alzheimer's decided they needed a break down south at Norma's brother's place in Scottsdale, AZ. I got a call last night and Sue said, "Guess where I am?" I said, "Someplace south." She said, "Right, we are in Rawlins." (120 miles south of where she lives) One of the biggest blizzards of the year shut down I-80 eastbound. A truck burned so hot it melted the road. Twenty five cars were in wrecks. So they holed up in a motel. I checked my travel websites this morning and routed them west to Salt Lake and Sue called tonight. They had a good trip. They should be fine from here on down.

Meanwhile, back at the campground, I am starting to feel like I am back on the reservation. Two thirds of the spaces are empty- folks are clearing out for cooler places up north and it is getting toasty here. My maintenance work continues apace but I got too hot today. I started early so I can pace myself. Emails about a contemporary who passed away came today. Nancy was a brilliant scientist.

Posted by Picasa