Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Tristin Hits the Planet


My much younger brother, Richard (has he been dippin' that comb in Grecian Formula?), became a Grandpa today. His daughter Heather and her husband Tom are the parents of a pretty baby boy. A new baby always puts me in an "Our Town'" (Thornton Wilder) mood: where all is right with the world and the world is warm and filled with people trying to do the righteous thing. Makes me miss my parents who would have been over-the-moon great grandparents. Mother and son are resting comfortably. Nice.

I am solitary in my row- A Ghost Town, Greg calls John Prince Park. I have been a polishing fool. My own RV is shaping up nicely. Not content with that I went and washed Greg and Lew's tonight. Greg was talking of it needing a bath a week ago (understatement as we got into the task tonight though it didn't look that bad to me). They invited me to stay for awhile but I was soaked- came home.

Jason is entering a very busy spell. Lori and I talked logistics for awhile. Jason will leave this Sunday, then return in time for them to go see Chad compete in his Iron-man competition. ( I just don't get it- why would anybody want to put himself through that agony? "To each his own, the farmer said as he kissed his cow." Grandma Mason's saying). Then they will return after a few days and I will bid them and South Florida adieu. I have had a great "season." Sometimes I think I am nearly ready and sometimes I panic. Went to Boating World today to plan some "surprises" for Jason while he is away.

Talk about a fast Internet connection! One of my regulars stopped during his bike ride and allowed a couple of snaps. One of the "good" Quebecois. Nice man- he and his wife travel in a Roadtrek. They are out of here soon and will meander northward. The weather in Montreal is not pleasant.


Posted by Picasa