Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Countdown

With a week to the end of my stay, it is time to get serious and I am doing that. The coach is waxed except for the 20 feet that is under the awning. Tomorrow morning mine will be the sole coach on the row. Today I cleaned my grill, which came back dirty, defrosted the coach refrigerator, washed the walls of the screen house so they can be put away clean. Cleaned the filters on the air-conditioning systems. Just walked back from the showers in a 74 degree temperature at 10:30 at night. Waxing in this heat tends to make one perspire.

Called Sue to see if she had arrived and she had-just. She said that they did not pass a secondhand store without stopping in. They stopped in Tuba City for an Indian Market. She can't stop giggling. Sunshine and warmth has that effect on people who come to warm from a long winter. They enjoyed the blooming desert and the rock formations along US 191.They met some sweet characters (and those people did the same). Now that they are settled I will relax and await tales of the adventures when she returns. Family and friends are covering her bases at home and she is so grateful.

Had a nice chat with Lori. Had a call from Rich. Valerie and he are taking Ballroom Dancing on Monday nights. I have to credit Emmit Smith and "Dancing With the Stars," as well as Valerie for that. I can't wait to see the Cha-Cha which is the current lesson. The businesses are going well, the wedding plans have come together. Life is good.