Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Slow Day

The sleep deprivation monster caught up with me again. I did manage to get to town to buy a replacement headlamp for the VW-it didn't have dim on the driver's side. Installed it-still don't have dim on the driver's side. More to do here. Fixed the battery cable which I believe was the problem with not starting. All good fun because I can do work on 1976 cars-except for the the fuel injected engine.

Had about four spontaneous naps today and three yesterday. These are deep, waking up paralyzed, naps. There is a Xanax in my future. Fierce weather- big winds, thunderclouds, supposed to snow 10 inches in Dubois, lights are flickering- good night for an early to bed.
Buster retired a couple of hours ago. I'm next.

Had email from brother Rich. He is in California with Valerie. Her youngest child Brittany is graduating from high school this year after a Rotary foreign exchange stint in Sweden and enrolling in High School in California to establish residency. Her dad lives there. She has been accepted at UC-Santa Cruz.

Rich is staying in a $2.5 million house that overlooks the Pacific Ocean. Taxes are $30,000 per year. (He would know these things). Told him to send pictures of the view. I want to see if it is worth the money. I'll settle for the picture.