Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Partying Down in my Hometown

Yesterday I was cruising the shelves in Wal-Mart when the cell phone rang with an invitation to dinner at Sue and Rasty's. She said she didn't need anything from the store but I bought a cake anyway and drove up the road for roast beef, and gravy, and potatoes and homemade gravy, and green salad and gravy. Love that gravy. Ate well and joked and smoked and visited. Had a fine time. Sue had found some of the sports drink I was looking for bless her! Forgot to take a single picture. Did get stopped by the reservation cop on the way home-driving too slow and I crossed the yellow line- hard not to on this road. No ticket.

Had a date at Halls in town Saturday, Memorial Day weekend, so they had friends up from Casper. I have known them for years, too. Chicken Lasagna, two salads, one with Dessie's (Svilar) homemade dressing. Yowzah! Butter cake. Yowsah. I was running a little late and called-did they need anything? The Corona was running low so that was my contribution. Greg's friend (24 years old and a driller in the oil patch!) tooled up on a little motorcycle he had won and Judge Hall decided he needed to sit on it. Ruby came by. We listened to tunes and chatted. First tunes were from Denis' new $35,000 boombox (below) later from my iPod. Greg and his daughter and her brother Nicholas kept it from being an old fogey party. One needs a few tattoos and a motorcycle or two and a dodgeball game to keep perspective. Kids laughing is a tonic. Buster emerged for awhile and went back to the van. He is good and it is easier to take him than to leave him. Goody made a brief appearance. She still rides shotgun. She was such a gift in my life-makes me smile still.

Denis Blogs here: http://nospare.blogspot.com/

Having a neighbor teen come by with his pickup to help me haul stuff to the dump tomorrow. If it works out he will have a steady customer. Life is good!
Posted by Picasa