Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

You Know You Are Back in Wyoming When...(part 2)

You know you are back in Wyoming when you pull up behind an aging Toyota sedan at a stoplight and you notice two kids in the back seat...only one kid is a GOAT. Tried desperately to get a camera for a picture. Of course this is something I would probably do myself but it was a jaw-dropping, knee-slapping surprise to see.

You have to start the furnace on May 22, layering up isn't cutting it anymore.

Something walks across your roof each night loudly and with big enough steps that you are not going out to look no matter what. If it is a cat it is a BIG cat.

Of course it is crazy elsewhere too: Driving across Nevada on I-80 the little towns have made white rock signs on the hills; A big white C, for Carlin, E, for Elko, W, for Wells, nothing at all for Battle Mountain . Cowards.