Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Let me tell you about the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees

...as the old song goes: One of the things I like best about my home place is being a part of "nature." I have at least one resident bunny this year. The plum trees are in full bloom and air is redolent with eau de plum blossom which is attracting bees (thank goodness). Other trees and bushes are tentatively putting forth leaves and blossoms, the llamas are breeding, calves are mostly here and are feeling frisky in the warmth. Birds abound. It is dry so I am putting out water for the birds and sundry. Bright yellow finches attend the bird feeder at Rasty and Sue's. I have been up there quite a bit. Took Chinese food and a simple gift for Rasty's 80th birthday week on Thursday.
I took pictures of some of their dogs when I went up there for dinner last night-Sue made a Mexican casserole and cheese bread and good salad, watermelon. Sent home stuff too. They are fun to visit with and comfortable to be around. Very enjoyable. These two dogs like to play together-tug of war and other games. I observe Glasser Principles: Fun, Belongingness, Power, Freedom, in all creatures. Buster just let himself out the screen door to bark at a despised neighbor (he doesn't like that pickup for some reason-strange because I think he is related to the dog that rides in the back-but that is like so many on the rez. "Familiarity breeds contempt," I guess.) He waits patiently to be let out most of the time but in an emergency he will take action. The PBS programs on the origin of dogs is very interesting to me.
Posted by Picasa