Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Temperature is up and so am I

Getting out in the sunshine helps. Today was a great day and the rising temperature last evening prompted me to begin oiling the cabin at dusk. It was still a little cool so the oil went on thick and went fast. I will need more. The freshly oiled wall is the south facing one which gets the most sun and dries out the worst so this is actually a good thing. I will remember the trick in the future. I trimmed some volunteer plum trees and washed the windows today-they always catch some splatter. Buster played and got yelled at-he wants to cross the street, still. This road has increased traffic and people always speed past here. But he went down to the corrals for a few "taste treats." He got some good exercise but I need to watch him like a hawk. Hard to do because he "blends." I can call him and he is right under my nose sometimes.

This picture is taken with the new camera. It seems fine to me-so far. My Canon cameras seem to boost color a little which is pleasing to the eye but Olympus seems a little truer to my eyes. I need to find a circumstance to put it through its paces in a more stressful (to it) environment. After bragging about how my old Oly UZI held its value, I went on eBay to find out that situation has changed. I even bid on a backup-I got outbid today. I am increasingly suspicious that some folks up their own bids or collude based on my experience. I will wait and see what happens with the bidding and look closer to auction end. Perhaps I will swoop at the end or perhaps I will not (or perhaps I will forget). I have some money in my PayPal account (it pays better interest than my bank) but do not want to send more. Too many "spoofs" undermine my confidence in PayPal.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , , ,